Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I'll Be Home for Christmas?

     As my readers will know, I have had a very rocky and mostly cut-off relationship from my parents and my brother since coming out in 2009.
     Family events in the past few months have opened the door for me to reconnect with my family. As a matter of fact, I was going to get to celebrate Christmas with my family and my daughters Saturday, December 21. I fly in to see my girls that weekend, and we were going to make the hour and fifteen minute drive from Tulsa to Siloam Springs, Arkansas to be with my family.
     For no good reason, the girls' mother has declared she is not "comfortable" with me taking my daughters out of state.
     Never mind my parents are the only other people in the decree that I am allowed to have my girls be around.
     Never mind that on my last visit, their mother allowed me to take them to Oklahoma City overnight: a further distance away than my parents.
     Never mind, that for the first time five years, I would once again spend a holiday with my family and my daughters.
     Even though the decree, and ultimately the court, will defend my right to spend time with my parents while I have my girls, the order may not come in time. If not, I will have to meet my parents somewhere in the state of Oklahoma, but not "home."
     Mom, Dad, Bryan: I love you, and I miss you. I hope I get to come home.
     If not, my only solace is from the song:

     I'll be home for Christmas...if only in my dreams.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment